Sunday, April 02, 2006

Yarn Focus Challenge


My stash is overflowing with lace weight yarn, sock yarn, Knitpicks palette, three aran sweaters worth of wool, and numerous skeins of fabulous handpainted fibre yumminess. Somebody stop me!
~~~~~~
Just in time, somebody is stopping me. Introducing .... the
Yarn Focus Challenge! I signed up the instant I saw it. Basically, you are allowed to purchase yarn on one day per month only. That is called the "free day". If you don't use a month's free day (yeah, right) you can roll it over to the next month. Every participant puts a skein of yarn into the pot. At the end of the contest the hostess draws a winner who receives all of the yarn in the pot. I love how subversive that is - if I don't buy yarn I might win a whole lot of yarn. Hee! Go here to check out the rest of the details.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The photo shows the part of my stash that hangs on the back of a door. Gotta love those shoe organizers!


I started my Yarn Focus challenge on April 1:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dorey is still away on maternity leave. I miss her like crazy!!!! Hopefully she can come home in two weeks.
Look at those big brown eyes! Wouldn't you miss her too?

3 comments:

Agnes said...

Welcom to the Challenge ... I am one of your fellow participants.
Your dog and her baby pup are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness those eyes! Those eyes are way to adorable to be real. How could you ever part with that pup, even for a second.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the yarn focus challenge! As a recent Stashalong Survivor, I know you can make it!

What an excellent use of the shoe organizer!!! I might have to get one of those too!